July 1st launch of the Department of Early Learning and Care (DELC)
On July 1, 2023, the Department of Early Learning and Care (DELC) will launch, creating a state agency exclusively dedicated to early learning and care for Oregon’s families and child care professionals! This new department combines the Early Learning Division and Office of Child Care from the Oregon Dept of Education (ODE) and Employment-Related Day Care, Direct Pay Unit, and Inclusive Partners from the Oregon Dept of Human Services (ODHS).
By bringing these five groups into one agency, DELC will:
- Maximize state funding for early learning programs
- Take advantage of more efficient systems to add services
- Increase the supply of culturally responsive child care and early learning settings
- Increase the number of families who can get high-quality child care and early learning
- Deliver fair services for families, children, and providers.
Want to know more about DELC? Visit https://oregonearlylearning.com/HB3073