Youth Mental Health First Aid & QPR Training
For adults who regularly work with youth to help them develop the skills and confidence to help youth in crisis and promote healing.
Participants complete a two-hour, self-paced online course and a six-hour live training session on Zoom, which covers:
- Mental health conditions
- Substance abuse disorders
- Mental health stigma
- Community resources for getting help
- How to respond to a person in crisis
Develop the skills to give emergency response to someone in crisis.
Participants complete a one-and-a-half-hour training which covers:
- How to recognize the warning signs of suicide
- How to question, persuade, and refer people at risk for suicide for help
Free and 100% online from Oregon State University's Coast to Forest: Mental Health Promotion in Rural Oregon program. Contact Heather.Stewart@oregonstate.edu for more information.