Youth Mental Health First Aid Training
Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 8:00am-5:00pm
LBCC Calapooia Cascade View Conference Rooms, CC-203/205
6500 Pacific Blvd. SW, Albany, OR
Youth Mental Health First Aid is an eight-hour course designed to teach parents, school staff, and caring citizens how to help a youth or teen who is experiencing a mental health challenge or crisis.
Tuesday, April 10
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Linn Benton Community College
Cascade View conference room
Takeaways From the Training:
- YMHFA Certification and Participant Manual
- 5-Step Action Plan to help adolescents in both crisis and non-crisis situations
- Insight and basic knowledge into common mental health and addiction challenges
- Connections to appropriate mental health and addiction services and support
- Strengthening of skills and abilities on how to identify and reach out to adolescents in distress or crisis
Space is limited and registration is required.
For more information or to register please contact:
Linn County Health Services
Funding provided by the Project AWARE-C Grant from the Substance Abuse &
Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) and Linn County Health Services.