3043 NE 28th Street, Lincoln City
One-day intensive childbirth class offered at Samaritan North Lincoln Hospital
(Nov. 13, 2018 — Lincoln City, Ore.) – Expecting a baby can be an exciting and anxious time for
pregnant women. A bit of good information can help remove some of the worry and create a
memorable experience. To help, Samaritan North Lincoln Hospital is offering a one-day
intensive childbirth class on Saturday, Dec. 8, from noon to 6 p.m.
The class will be instructed by Stephanie Marshall, RN, and Trista Selfridge, RN. Class topics
- Preparing for the challenges of labor and delivery.
- Learning about breastfeeding, relaxation techniques, what to expect when you arrive at the hospital, postpartum care, newborn care, and more.
- Addressing your fears by connecting with your partner or labor coach.
- Discussing options for handling pain.
- Learning about the basics of medical interventions and possible complications.
The class is free for those who plan to deliver at Samaritan North Lincoln Hospital’s Family
Birthing Center. Refreshments and snacks will be provided, along with the opportunity to tour
the Family Birthing Center.
Registration is required and can be done by calling 541-996-7179.