Mental Health First Aid (Adult)
6500 Pacific Blvd. SW, Albany, OR
Mental Health First Aid is a national program to teach the skills to respond to the signs of mental illness and substance use. Just as CPR helps you assist an individual having a heart attack, Mental Health First Aid helps you assist someone experiencing a mental health or substance use-related crisis.
- Mental Health First Aid Certification and training manual
- 5 Step Action Plan to help individuals in both crisis and non-crisis situations
- Insight and basic knowledge of common mental health and addiction challenges
- Connections to appropriate mental health and addiction services and support
- Strengthening of skills and abilities on how to identify and reach out to individuals in distress or crisis