OHSU Foster Care ECHO Opportunity (CME/CEU-eligible) - FREE!
Whole Person Care for Children and Youth in Foster Care ECHO
Primary care clinicians and teams are cordially invited to participate in the Whole Person Care for Children and Youth in Foster Care ECHO program, sponsored by the Oregon ECHO Network.*
What Is ECHO?
ECHO is a telementoring program that uses videoconferencing technology to combine brief expert presentations with interactive and practical case presentations from participants. The overall goal of ECHO programming is to build new care capacity at the community level.
Purpose of this ECHO
The purpose of this 12-session ECHO program is to enhance the ability of primary care clinicians and healthcare team members to provide whole-person care to children and youth in foster/resource care, with attentiveness to the unique factors that drive health inequities and disproportionately for those children and youth with a history of child welfare involvement.
Focus of This ECHO
Topics for this 12-session series will include:
- Approaches for providing whole person care to children and youth in foster care that is asset based, trauma informed, culturally responsive, and gender affirming
- Encourage youth and families to actively participate in their health care
- Primary care, behavioral health, and oral health integration for children and youth in foster care
- Identifying local and statewide resources for children and youth in foster care and improving cross-sector collaboration
Benefits of Participation Include:
- No cost to you or your facility
- No-cost continuing medical education (CME) credits
- The opportunity to present your tough cases and receive feedback from a multidisciplinary team of specialists and your peers
How to Participate
Sessions for this cohort will occur via videoconference on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays from 7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m., beginning September 8, 2022, and ending March 23, 2023.
Up to 40 primary care staff who are in a position to champion change in their organizations will be selected. Clinicians (prescribing MD, DO, ND, NP, PA), nurses, social workers, pharmacists, behavioral health specialists, and
practice managers are encouraged to register. Participants will be selected based on their interests, geographic distribution throughout Oregon, and ability to commit to the sessions.
To register, please visit: https://connect.oregonechonetwork.org/Series/ Registration/1489