August is National Breastfeeding Month!
August 2, 2022
August is National Breastfeeding Month and highlights the value of breastfeeding for mothers and children. Breastmilk has everything a growing baby needs in exactly the right amounts and is easy to digest. It delivers health, nutritional and emotional benefits to both children and mothers. But while breastfeeding is a natural process, it is not always easy. Mothers need support – both to get started and to continue breastfeeding.
You can read about all about breastfeeding in the August Pollywog Parent Newsletter. Also available in Spanish - Todo sobre la lactancia.
National Breastfeeding Month 2022 Weekly Observances
- Week 1: World Breastfeeding Week
- Dates: August 1-7
- Theme: Educate & Support
- Week 2: Indigenous Milk Medicine Week
- Dates: August 8-14
- Theme: Strengthening Our Traditions From Birth and Beyond
- Week 3: Asian American Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander Breastfeeding Week
- Dates: August 15-21
- Theme: Telling Our Own Stories. Elevating Our Voices.
- Week 4: Black Breastfeeding Week
- Dates: August 25-31
- Theme: BBW 2022: 10 Years, A New Foundation